Local diner suffers electrical fire

Local diner suffers electrical fire

Carl Blankenship

Troy’s 105 Diner in Boone suffered a minor electrical fire and sustained minor exterior structural damage early  Wednesday morning.

The Boone Fire Department was called immediately and the fire was contained before any major damage was sustained to the exterior of the building. There was no interior damage.

Owner Sandra Byrum said the fire team responded very quickly.

“We were lucky that employees were here already to call the fire department, otherwise the fire could have spread,” Byrum said.
Byrum said the restaurant will re-open on it’s normal schedule Thursday at 7 a.m.

Story: Carl Blankenship, Intern News Reporter